Converts selected frames to Keyframes. Feature-rich complete replacement of the standard [ F6 ] (Convert to Keyframes) behavior. Preserves simple and custom easing in Classic Tweens when Keyframes are created in the middle of an existing Tween. Preserves Smart Magnet Rig metadata in Flash CC.
1. Standard mode X:
- Frames in Layers. When frames are selected in the Timeline X will convert them to Keyframes. This completely replicates Flash's default behavior.
- Frames in Folders. When there is a frame(s) selection in a Folder layer all frames in all nested layers will be converted to Keyframes. Adding '//no key' to a layer's name will exclude it from being 'keyed' during multiple-layer operation.
- Preserving Easing. If simple or custom easing has been applied to a Tween the command will split the tween preserving the dynamics of motion on both sides.
2. Extreme mode Alt+X
- Nothing selected. When there is no frame selection pressing Alt+X will create Keyframes in all layers at current frame. Adding '//no key' to a layer's name will exclude it from being 'keyed' during multiple-layer operation.
- Inside a Folder. If frame(s) are selected and these frames belong to layers, nested within a folder, all frames above and below the currently selected frames will be converted to Keyframes. This conversion will be restrained within the folder.
Character animation. When layers are grouped in folders, Keyframes for the whole folder are easily created by selecting only one frame in the folder layer X or expanding the selection from within Alt+X. When there are no folders Alt+X allows for creation of Keyframes through the entire Timeline without the need of selection.
Refining motion by adding breakdown poses and getting instant overlapping action. Allows to insert Keyframe(s) in the middle of a Classic Tween, preserving Easing. Better control over timing and secondary action. An easy way to add secondary movement and organic feel to digital cutouts.
Where does it work?
EDAP Tools v.3 shortcut
Protecting specific layers. Adding '//no key' to a layer's name will exclude it from being 'keyed' during a multiple layer action. If the layer is directly selected and X pressed, keys will still be created. The suffix can be customized in EDAPT Control Panel.
Customization of keyframing behavior is available in EDAPT Control Panel.
Important! Flash CC users who want to use Smart Magnet Rigs must switch to Convert To Keyframe Advanced completely, because due to a bug Flash CC, its native Convert To Keyframe function does not retain metadata between keys.