If you have landed here, you may be asking the question:
Why my new Smart Magnet Rigs that I create in Animate CC 2019 work well, while the old ones which I have created previously in older versions of Flash / Animate don't?
The answer is very simple:
Adobe changed their layer naming convention and we had to conform to the new more restrictive rules and changed EDAPT Smart Magnet Joints code and the names of our service layers. Magnet Target(s) and Center Marker are now MagnetTargets and CenterMarker.
It is simply a layer naming issue and in the latest release of EDAP Tools we have included a command which allows you to automatically update your old Smart Magnet Rigs and make them Animate CC 2019+ compatible.
More information about the Strict Layer Naming model is available here.
Below is a step-by-step guide how to make your old files containing Smart Magnet Rigs work in Animate CC 2019 and newer.
- Open your file in Animate CC 2019
- From the Commands menu choose 08 EDAPT Service Layers Renamer
(The command is hidden by default, so you may need to go to EDAPT Control Panel and show it.)
- The drop-down in Service Layers Renamer dialog should show Relaxed to Strict
- Press Convert
- When done, the command will prompt you to let Animate know that you have made changes to layer names, otherwise it will not be aware of it and will not save them
- From the Modify menu choose Document…
- In the Documents Settings dialog just click OK.
This forces Animate to look for changes everywhere the next time it saves the file.
(While in Document Settings you may also activate Advanced Layers, if you like.)
- Save your file under a new name to make sure you always have the original as backup.
Smart Magnet Joints and all other EDAP Tools functionality should now be restored.
All our videos are 1080p. If for some reason full HD is not available here, try watching them on youtube.