Last rig update: Aug 2021 — added IK Controllers
SMR MagneBot is a fully functional Smart Magnet Rig ™, suitable for testing all features and tools in the EDAP Tools package.
The build features a full turnaround, multiple color palettes, hand gestures, facial expressions and so on, nested inside containers and set up to illustrate both the traditional approach to Flash builds and Smart Magnet Rigging.
It is intended to be a simple and easy to follow example, designed to convey the principles and concepts of:
- symbol hierarchy and nesting for simultaneous timeline control
- containers for static images
- displaying frames inside containers instead of symbol swapping
- circular joints
- proper positioning of reg points, vertical limbs
- rigging for break apart workflow
- syncing of timelines
- full functionality of Smart Magnet Rigging: smart transform, smart magnet joints, clean up, KineFlex (EDAPT v.4 or higher)
- smart graphic control — thumbnails and synced elements (eyes, eye mask, mouth) (EDAPT v.4 or higher)
- symbol palette control — 3 color design variants (EDAPT v.5 or higher)
The file is Macromedia Flash 8 compatible and can be used in any version of Flash and Animate newer than Flash 8.
SMR MagneBot is licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA.
SMR MagneBot can be used for any personal non-commercial work and purposes, school and university projects, animation tests and to learn how to create your own Smart Magnet Rigs.
Using it for commercial (for profit) projects and selling it is strictly prohibited.
Our audience and users are invited to send us animations of SMR MagneBot which they have done themselves. We will publish them on our Youtube channel and in the Made with EDAP Tools section on this site to give the authors additional exposure.
Below is a video that uses SMR MagneBot to showcase the functionality of Smart Transform.